HubSpot has the ability to associate contacts with companies automatically by using a contacts email address and the company's domain name.
- Click the Settings icon on the top right of the main navigation bar.
- On the left hand side, under the Data Management section, select Objects. From the drop down menu, select Contacts and Companies.
- Select the Companies tab at the top of the page.
- Switch on the toggle next to Automatically create and associate companies with contacts.
If you don’t want your contacts to automatically associate with any companies in particular, you can exclude a certain domain to stop association.
- Following all the steps above, click on Opt a domain out of automatic association.
- Enter the domain name you do not want to associate.
- Click Save.