Go to Contacts, then Contacts again. Choose the contact you want to use and next to the Companies section, click Add. Find the company to associate from the Companies dropdown menu.
You can now associate multiple companies to a contact within HubSpot.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of the contact you want to associate another company with.
- In the right panel, next to the Companies section, click Add.
- On the Add existing company tab, click the Company dropdown menu and search and select an existing company to associate with the contact.
- If you want to label this association, click the Labels dropdown menu. Search for and select an appropriate label. If no existing labels describe the relationship between the contact and the company well, you can create a new label:
- In the dropdown menu, click Manage association labels. This will open a new tab to your association label settings.
- In the upper right, click Create association label.
- In the right panel, enter the name of the label you want.
- Click Create.
- Once the label has been created, return to your contact record and refresh the page. When you go through the above steps, the label will now appear.
- Once done, click Update. The contact record will now be associated with the company record.
Here’s how to edit the contact-company association:
Once you've associated your contact with multiple companies, you may have to update the labels of existing associations or make another association the primary association. To do so in your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of the contact with the association you want to update.
- In the right panel, under the Companies section, hover over the association you want to update and click More.
- Set as primary: In the dialog box, select the checkbox and click Update. This primary association will be referenced by lists, workflows, cross-object reports, and personalization tokens, and be the associated company shown in the contacts home.
- Edit association: In the dialog box, click the dropdown menu and select a new label. Click Update.
- Remove association: In the dialog box, click Remove association.