Settings > Properties > Choose what you want to create a custom property for > Click Create Property > Save
There are two main types of properties within HubSpot, the first being the standard HubSpot properties that you get when you set-up a portal and the second being custom properties.
Tip: Before you create a custom property, check that there isn’t already a standard HubSpot property already for it.
For those on different HubSpot packages, here are the limitations:
- Free - Up to 10 Max
- Starter - Up to 1,000 Max
- Professional - Up to 1,000 Max
- Enterprise - Up to 1,000 Max
To be able to create a custom property, follow the instructions below:
- Log into your HubSpot portal
- Click the Settings icon in the top right hand corner
- From the options on the left hand side, choose Properties
- Filter by whether you are wanting to create a custom property for Contact, Companies, Deals or Tickets.
- Click Create Property
- Assign an object type and a group and then label your property
- Assign a field type, whether that’s single line text, drop down select etc…
- Click Save