Navigate to Reports > Create Custom Report. Select the Attribution Model. You can use the Explore button where HubSpot has Sample reports for you to follow. Click on the Explore section. Choose your Chart type depending on how you want your data to
Before you get started with HubSpot attribution reporting, the first question you need to ask is what is it? And why do I need to set this up for my company?
Attribution relates revenue in the form of "credit" to customer interactions in HubSpot. This is so you can understand better how the marketing and sales activities are creating revenue for your business.
Why Do We Need Attribution Models?
- Understand where to invest money
- Find out where resources are being wasted
- Improved personalisation
- Improved product development
- Increased ROI
There are different attribution models to credit the stages through the buyer journey. The interaction not just from the lead. It’s when it became qualified, when a deal was created and when it was closed won.
HubSpot allows you to measure attribution models across different dimensions.
Content type: select to assign deal revenue credits by content type. Content types include content on your site like website pages, landing pages, blog posts, and knowledge articles. It also encompasses other types of content such as logged calls and meetings, and social posts.
Content title: select to assign deal revenue credits by the titles of your content. Where the content does not have a title, the URL of the content will be displayed.
Interaction source: select to assign deal revenue credits by interaction source.
Interaction type: select to assign deal revenue credits by interaction type.
What are the models?
- 1) First Interaction - Gives 100% of the credit to the first interaction
- 2) Last Interaction - Gives 100% of the credit to the last interaction
- 3) Linear - Splits credit equally across all interactions
- 4) U-Shaped - Gives 40% of credit to the first and lead created interactions. The remaining 20% is split equally among the middle interactions.
- 5) W-Shaped - Gives 30% of credit to the first, lead created, and deal created interactions. The remaining 10% is split equally among the middle interactions.
- 6) Full-path - Gives 22.5% of credit to the first lead created, deal created, and deal closed won interactions. The remaining 10% is split equally among the middle interactions.
Attribution Reporting setup
Navigate to Reports > Create Custom Report. Select the Attribution Model. You can choose to either create a report based on revenue or contacts created. Next, you can use the Explore button where HubSpot has Sample reports for you to follow.
Now click on the Configure section. Choose your Chart type depending on how you want your data to be represented.
Filters: Select the date range you want to report on.
Deal pipeline: This gives you the ability to segment the data by deal pipeline.
Deal type: Either select all types, new business or new business.
Content types: Segment your data by content.
Dimensions: This allows you to choose the dimension you want to measure.
Attribution models: Select which attribution model matches your customer lifecycle journey the most.