The process in using lead gen forms in your paid media will depend on whether you are using LinkedIn or Facebook.
Lead generation forms are an extremely valuable tool to use in your paid media campaigns. Lead ads makes the lead generation process easy - more so than your typical landing page forms. Why is this?
Lead generation forms remove steps in the conversion process, making it easier for people to convert on your campaigns by allowing them to fill in forms from the platform.
Here’s how to set up Facebook lead generation ads, step by step.
- Go to Ads Manager.
- In Ads Manager click Create in the top left corner.
- Choose Lead generation as your objective and name your campaign.
- Choose the Page you plan to use for the lead ad. Click View Terms and then agree to the Facebook Lead Ads terms and conditions after you’ve read them.
- Choose your target audience, placements, budget, and schedule. Note: Lead ads cannot be targeted to people under the age of 18.
- Select your lead ad formats. You can select carousel, single image, video, or slideshow.
- Add your headline, body copy, and a call to action. A window on the right offers a preview of your ad as you create it.
- Click Finish and apply the form to your campaign.
Only Account Managers or Campaign Managers can create Lead Gen Forms in Campaign Manager.
- Select the lead generation objective in the campaign settings
- When you begin to create the ad, select the form you want to associate to your ad
- Create a new form by firstly, naming it
- Apply the form field selections you want to collect
- Select the CTA
- Apply a thank you page message and insert the link to your downloadable asset or website.